Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

Broken Mirrors and Industrial Materials

I recently worked as a volunteer for Front of House with Vauxhall Fashion Scout during London Fashion Week 2012. It was the most exciting and eye-opening experience in the industry that I have ever had and introduced me to lots of designers that I did not already know about.
While relating to an industrial, materialistic, city feel, this show was also my favourite from the whole week... The designer was Lako Bukia...
The theme of the show was centred around broken glass and the fear of looking into broken mirrors. The colour scheme was black and chrome, and featured models walking on a catwalk which was made to give the impression of walking on glass. 
Clothes consisted of pencil skirts, floor length fitted gowns, racy sheer tops and fitted trousers. 
This show stood out to me, as it fits with my City Slickers trend perfectly. Clothes are harsh and tight-fitted, materials used are leather, latex and plastic, and the colour scheme is monochrome.  In my head, this collection a big influence on what I imagine people to dress like in the rich half of the population. 


The show ended with three of the models at the end of the catwalk, the most statement piece of the collection in the centre, where a bang was heard and confetti was released where they were standing. 



And finally, to finish the show, all models walked up the catwalk and posed as a group, before turning back down the catwalk. 
I thought that the group of models walking towards the photographers booth at the end of the catwalk made me think of a totalitarian race following each other in a dark and depressed state. This would be the City Slickers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment